Welcome to Haslemere Swimming Club’s Swimming Academy
We offer a complete ‘learn to swim’ program for children of all ages which runs on a Saturday evening (generally during school term time) from 5-7pm.
• We hope you enjoyed the mini gala at the end of last term, it was a fantastic success and great fun for both the swimmers and teachers. Our plan is to run another in the new year and towards the end of this term we will be having a ‘distance’ night. More details to follow shortly.
• At the end of last term we said goodbye to Rufus who is off to University in September. He will be missed by all, though we’re sure he will pop in from time to time to help.
• Please could we continue to remind you that hats should be worn every lesson and appropriate swimwear too! Board shorts create a drag in the water and this hinders swimming and stroke technique so we would prefer the boys to wear jammers or trunks.
• We would like to say a big thank you to all our assistants who get in the water and help the teachers. We really appreciate the additional help they provide.
• Please remember that we continually assess your children, we cover each stroke over a two or three week period and it may look as if we are just going over the same old thing but it’s very important that the strokes are carried out correctly or bad habits are learnt and then they in turn are hard to break!
• Finally, we will be holding another trial night this term. Full details will following shortly
You can download Newsletter Summer 2015-2
Swimming Academy dates for next term are this Saturday 9th April thro to 14th May inclusive.
21st May is Presidents Cup.
Academy starts again on 28th May thro to 16th July!
For any questions of queries, please contact Jane White or Helen Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in enrolling your child or would like to ask any questions please feel free to contact us using the form below:-