Welcome to Haslemere Swimming Club’s Swimming Academy
We offer a complete ‘learn to swim’ programme for children of all ages which runs on a Saturday evening (generally during school term time) from 5-7pm.
Please note these new dates :
18th April 2015 – new academy term – Lessons Start
30th May 2015 – Half term – No lessons
4th July 2015 – Club Championships – No lessons
25th July 2015 – last academy session before summer holidays.
ACADEMY NEWS LETTER SPRING 2015 :
- You may have noticed our helpers in the junior pool this term, we are so lucky to have these young people helping us, some are doing their Duke of Edinburgh and all have swimming experience, some to a very high standard. They are all great with the little ones and we are sure that the little ones benefit from having extra help.
- We are also delighted that we have some younger teachers joining us! They are all level one trained and again have great swimming experience and Joe still swims with HSC and competes at a high level.
- Please could we remind you that hats should be worn every lesson and appropriate swimwear too! Board shorts create a drag in the water and this hinders swimming and stroke technique so we would prefer the boys to wear jammers or trunks.
- At the end of this term we say goodbye to Zoe Stemp who has been an integral part of Saturday nights for 4 years, thank you Zoe for everything you have achieved.
- Please remember that we continually assess your children, we cover each stroke over a two or three week period and it may look as if we are just going over the same old thing but it’s very important that the strokes are carried out correctly or bad habits are learnt and then they in turn are hard to break!
- For any questions of queries, please contact Jane White or Helen Nash at email@example.com
If you are interested in enrolling your child or would like to ask any questions please feel free to contact us using the form below:-